Our next free workshop will be on Monday 6/26/17 from 7 to 9 pm in the Armory Cafe! We’ll have one great session led by a local sharing her knowledge, skills, and passion about terrarium building.
Building Your Best Terrarium with Ingrid Stobbe
About the Skillshare: In this time together, we’ll learn all about the succulent and its different care needs as well as how it can be used to great effect in design. Each participant will leave the class with both a care card as well as a new terrarium that they can be proud of, both in its appearance and their new confidence in plant care. If participants are so inclined they are welcome to bring in other plants they have to include in their terrarium, as well as a container of their own they’d like to use instead.
Registration Information: Registration is required to order materials.
About the Facilitator: Ingrid Stobbe is a Visual Artist based in Somerville, and recently founded LEAF Home Design. The goal of the company is to be instrumental in helping people understand the way plants can be utilized in interior design as well as benefits from having them in the home.
Suggested Donation: A $15 donation is suggested to cover the fees of 2 succulents and the container along with other decorative materials.
Note: Ingrid will be facilitating a class about Green Spaces in Urban Landscape. More information will be provided about the class at the end of the Skillshare
Click here to learn more.
Past monthly workshops
- Making Better Signs – May 2017
- Texture Backgrounds in Watercolor – May 2017
- All About Astrology – April 2017
- Social Justice Poetry – April 2017
- Urban Herbal Gardening – March 2017
- Upcycled Tie Dye Mandalas – February 2017
- Dream Work – January 2017
- Guided Mediation – December 2016
- Aromatherapy for Cold and Flu Season – November 2016
- Essential Oils and their Benefits – October 2016
- Honeys, Beekeeping and the Environment – September 2016
- Experience the Art of Impermanence – August 2016
- Rangoli The Ancient Sand Art of India – July 2016
- Make Your Own Herbal First Aid Kit – June 2016
- Easy Origami and Friends – May 2016
- Floral Design – March 2016
- How to Have Awesome Meetings: Basic Facilitation Skills – February 2016
- Upcycling Aesthetic – January 2016
- Cooking with Lentils – January 2016
- Link Stitch Bookbinding – December 2015
- An Introduction to Visual Thinking – November 2015
- Organize Your Space – October 2015
- How to Have the Perfect Picnic – September 2015
- Stylize Your Space: Chair Edition – August 2015
- Creative Photography – July 2015
- Basics of Vermicomposting – June 2015
- Introduction to Knitting – May 2015
- Educator Skills for Artists & Crafters – April 2015
- Soapmaking with Somerville Soapworks – March 2015
- Don’t Make Art, Just Make Something – February 2015
- Imaginary Mapmaking – January 2015
Photos from “Soapmaking with Somerville Soapworks,” taught in March 2015